Search does not seem to work for frequencies

wb1hbu

Before I posted about 161.055, I did a search using the search tab at the top right of the https://snewiki.com/forums/index.php. Nothing was found and when I repeated it today, it did not find my current posts. The advanced search does not work either.

If I use the search forums menu item under forums, it takes me to search threads. If I put in 161.055, with the Search sub-forums checked as well, I do get my posts, but also hundreds of unrelated posts. If I use "161.055" I get no results.

1720013350780.png

73 Eric

I believe you need to have 4 places after the deicmal, so 161.0550
that is for the Wiki,, however for the message board, it would depend on who posted it and did they post out to the 4th/5th character
Mike/Scott can probably better explain the algorithm used

The four places after the decimal point worked for me. However, I'm surprised your search did not. Jeff is correct about the Wiki. Any thoughts on this, Mike? Partial searches should work as "less is more" in a lot of cases for searching.

The four places after the decimal point worked for me. However, I'm surprised your search did not. Jeff is correct about the Wiki. Any thoughts on this, Mike? Partial searches should work as "less is more" in a lot of cases for searching.
never got it to work on partials in the Wiki

OK . Rebuilt the search index cache but it's still not working for me either.
Some things do, others don't. I may have to reach out to Xenforo on this.
Likely this weekend.

I tried the search threads with 161.0550 and got similar bad results. It is weird that the search tab at the top right gave no results for 161.055, but 161.0550 gave similar bad results as the search threads.

Yeah, it appears to be the same issue here as with the wiki, searching without the trailing zero is pointless but add it, and it comes up.
That's likely because most software won't actually recognize the trailing zero. Software (like MS Office) sees "161.0550" as 161.055.

Back