• Welcome to Scan New England! Happy Spring! Please take your time to browse around and feel free to ask any questions. Remember our wiki linked directly above!

Solved! 463.4625 D306

W1KNE

Totally Awesome Owner.
Staff member
Owner/Webmaster
Heard from my home in Taunton, on my high gain UHF north facing antenna.

Rapid fire DTMF tones, followed by a single tone, then silence.

Not strong here.

DTMF Tones 463.4625

463.4625 D306 (have never heard any CWID)
Found this while searching for anything new of interest.
My curiosity got me and wondered what the tones represented.

I've tried to decode the tones using a DTMF decoder. The tones are heard everyday starting at around 9:17AM or slightly after.
Sometimes around 10:00AM also.

Here is the link to the DTMF Decoder that I tried. Small program and its free.

Here are some of the tones that have been decoded.
The tone decoder may have an issue with very short spacing between tones. The decoding was not very consistent.
I did an audio recording of the tones then added time between each tone.
Then used the tone decoder again and got the following.
Played the tones multiple times to see if I could get consistency. I did.

(list deleted by moderator)

With all this being said, I have no idea if the tone decoder is accurate or what this all means.

Then I found this thread and Mike had already reported this a few years back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey There,
I don't think we should be actually listing what's being decoded from the DTMF tones.
I'd suggest giving an idea of some of the commonalities perhaps, but for both privacy and security, let's not actually publish the specific codes.

Heard from my home in Taunton, on my high gain UHF north facing antenna.

Rapid fire DTMF tones, followed by a single tone, then silence.

Not strong here.
thoughts on this being the Country Club in Weston for the irrigation telemetry ??

Possible ID:
WQYU323 - Brown University

Emission Designators
11K0F3E Narrowband frequency modulated analog voice, considered by the FCC to be identical to 11K2F3E.
11K0F1D Narrowband frequency modulated data.

Applicant operates an educational institution and will use this license for distribution of campus safety information to alert devices.

I will have to revisit this. When I posted it, I did not have a Rhode Island facing UHF yagi. Now I do, and that can help me triangulate where the signals are coming from.

In the past I never heard a CWID, just the DTMF tones.

There is a CWID, WPTT201. This callsign is not for 463.4625 but is for Brown University.

WPTT201 - Brown University
462.3250 11K0F3E
467.3250 11K0F3E
Applicant is a educational institution and will use these facilities to dispatch university personnel in the conduct of their duties.

When the CWID is transmitted, the tone D306 is not transmitted. So having 463.4625 programmed into the scanner with D306, you won't hear the CWID.
I heard the CWID by programming 463.4625 into the scanner as a second entree without D306.

The tone D306 is only transmitted when the DTMF tones are sent.
When the CWID is being sent and the DTMF starts, the CWID is interrupted by the DTMF tones and the CWID stops sending.
I have a recording of this.

The license for 463.4625 is WQYU323, Brown University.

So this one has been identified,...... big deal, nothing to listen to here anyway :)

In the past I never heard a CWID, just the DTMF tones.

There is a CWID, WPTT201. This callsign is not for 463.4625 but is for Brown University.

WPTT201 - Brown University
462.3250 11K0F3E
467.3250 11K0F3E
Applicant is a educational institution and will use these facilities to dispatch university personnel in the conduct of their duties.

When the CWID is transmitted, the tone D306 is not transmitted. So having 463.4625 programmed into the scanner with D306, you won't hear the CWID.
I heard the CWID by programming 463.4625 into the scanner as a second entree without D306.

The tone D306 is only transmitted when the DTMF tones are sent.
When the CWID is being sent and the DTMF starts, the CWID is interrupted by the DTMF tones and the CWID stops sending.
I have a recording of this.

The license for 463.4625 is WQYU323, Brown University.

So this one has been identified,...... big deal, nothing to listen to here anyway :)
Generally CWID's are sent without the PL/DPL/NAC codes, so users don't have to experience it

Back